15.043 more on irony

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 02:25:12 EDT

             Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:20:52 +0100
             From: lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance)
             Subject: Obstacles & Paths

    Willard,

    A recent posting bordering on rant which you kindly deemed worthy of
    publication has garnered a bit of off-list reaction in the form of
    appreciation for the idiom of irony. Below is a snippet of my response
    to one person who tied my comments about making greater use of online
    communication with a general question about renewal which knot gets
    spliced to the purpose of Humanist...

    <cite>
    You do raise the twin issues of the quality of the scholary products in
    which we invest and the calibre of mentoring we give and receive. I wonder
    if the spate of upcoming discussions on MA curricula will address their
    imbrication.

    As to Humanist being a pref-Ref cathedral. a rant about digitial
    preservation as work parrallel to the development of content encoding
    schemes might not be out of place. Imagine if Luther had used sticky notes
    instead of hammer and nails...
    </cite>

    Not looking for an Alexander,
    Delighted to delight in loops,