15.133 Guide to Digital Resources for the Humanities

From: Humanist Discussion Group (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 19:34:18 EDT

    >> From: "Patrick Conner" <pconner@wvu.edu>

    Dear Willard,

    Because it's relevant to HUMANIST and to humanists (AND we're giving a =
    discount), I hope you'll permit me to inform the online humanities =
    computing community of the publication of :

    OXFORD UNIVERSITY COMPUTING SERVICES GUIDE TO DIGITAL RESOURCES FOR THE =
    HUMANITIES in its new, revised first edition by West Virginia University =
    Press.

    By Frances Condron, Michael Frazer, and Stuart Sutherland in the Humanities=
     Computing Unit at Oxford with an introduction by Marilyn Deegan, this is =
    -- as Roy Johnson said in his review of the first edition in the Mantext =
    Newsletter --

    " . . . a wonderfully rich compilation . . . Much of this software =
    [described herein] is built on years of research, and will be around for =
    years to come. . . . If you are in the business of delivering online =
    resources for study in the humanities, your digital mouth will water when =
    you see what is on offer here." (April, 2001)

    I hope humanists will check out the fuller description on the web page at =
    :

    http://www.as.wvu.edu/press/ibp_digitalresources.html

    The date of publication is September 15, 2001, and the pre-publication =
    discount is good only until then.=20

    380 pages, bibliography, index; 9" x 6" paperback.=20
    Regularly $35.00=20

    Now (until September 15) $28.00 with
    pre-publication discount (20%)

    Thanks so much. =20