15.152 LEAF user survey

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 01:18:08 EDT

             Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 06:13:51 +0100
             From: "Max Kaiser" <max.kaiser@onb.ac.at>
             Subject: LEAF User Survey

    *Apologies for cross-posting*

    [LEAF is a three year project, started in March 2001, co-funded by the
    European Commission Information Society Technologies Programme and is
    developing a model architecture for a distributed search system harvesting
    existing name authority information aiming at automatically establishing a
    user needs based common name authority file in a specific sector highly
    relevant to the cultural heritage of Europe.]

    At present the LEAF project (Linking And Exploring Authority Files,
    http://www.leaf-eu.org/) is undertaking a status quo analysis regarding
    Authority Information about person names and corporate bodies. With an
    online questionnaire we would like to find out what the specific interests
    of our anticipated user communities are. What kind of information do you
    expect to get from LEAF? What services would you like to receive?

    We are very much interested in finding out in which ways other institutions
    (libraries, archives and museums) are dealing with name authority files.
    Your specifications are important to us!

    If you want to find out more about LEAF, please have a look at the LEAF
    website.

    You will help us a lot by filling out the online questionnaire which you can
    access at:

    http://www.crxnet.com/leaf/survey/english/page1.php (English Version)

    http://www.crxnet.com/leaf/survey/french/page1.php (French Version)

    http://www.crxnet.com/leaf/survey/german/page1.php (German Version)

    http://www.crxnet.com/leaf/survey/spanish/page1.php (Spanish Version)

    The LEAF Consortium

    Project co-ordinator: mailto:co-ordinator@sbb.spk-berlin.de

    Max Kaiser
    Oesterreichische Nationalbibliothek - Oesterreichisches Literaturarchiv
    Austrian National Library - Austrian Literary Archives
    Josefsplatz 1, A-1015 Wien
    T +43-1-53410/370 F +43-1-53410/340
    max.kaiser@onb.ac.at www.onb.ac.at www.leaf-eu.org