15.402 new European preservation consortium

From: by way of Willard McCarty (willard@lists.village.Virginia.EDU)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 01:33:22 EST

             Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 06:19:07 +0000
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: ERPANET (Electronic Resource Preservation and Access NETwork)

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    December 4, 2001

               ERPANET (Electronic Resource Preservation and Access NETwork)

               European Consortium Formed to Further Digital Preservation
                        of Cultural Heritage & Scientific Material
                                 http://www.erpanet.org

    The Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute (HATII) of
    Glasgow University has just announced a bold new digital preservation
    initiative: ERPANET (Electronic Resource Preservation and Access NETwork).

    This consortial initiative has been launched by four partners to share
    information on key issues, best practice and skills development in the
    digital preservation of cultural and scientific materials as well as to
    stimulate new research and the incorporation of preservation lessons into
    new generations of software.

    David Green

    --

    ============================================================== NINCH-Announce is an announcement listserv, produced by the National Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage (NINCH). The subjects of announcements are not the projects of NINCH, unless otherwise noted; neither does NINCH necessarily endorse the subjects of announcements. We attempt to credit all re-distributed news and announcements and appreciate reciprocal credit.

    For questions, comments or requests to un-subscribe, contact the editor: <mailto:david@ninch.org> ============================================================== See and search back issues of NINCH-ANNOUNCE at <http://www.cni.org/Hforums/ninch-announce/>. ==============================================================