16.069 new on WWW: Th Gray Archive; "The Future of Literary Studies"

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 02:42:54 EDT

       [1] From: Alexander Huber <huber@thomasgray.org> (29)
             Subject: The Thomas Gray Archive website re-launched

       [2] From: John Unsworth <jmu2m@virginia.edu> (27)
             Subject: The Future of Literary Studies

             Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:19:12 +0100
             From: Alexander Huber <huber@thomasgray.org>

    Dear colleagues,

    We are pleased to announce the re-launch of our much expanded and revised
    Thomas Gray Archive website at:

    http://www.thomasgray.org/

    The Thomas Gray Archive is an interactive hypermedia repository for the
    study of the life and work of English poet Thomas Gray (1716-1771). The
    Archive consists of two major sections, the Primary Texts section and the
    Materials section. The former contains searchable electronic editions of
    Gray's English texts, extensive collaborative commentary, a concordance,
    and the digital library of important editions. The latter comprises
    secondary resources such as a biographical sketch, a chronological table of
    Gray's life and works, a select bibliography of printed materials, a
    picture gallery, and links to related online resources.

    The new Archive website offers Gray's complete English poetry online, an
    online concordance to the English poetry, and an evolving digital library
    of important 18th-century editions of Gray's works. In addition, the
    bibliography has been updated, many new items have been added to the
    picture gallery, and an Archive FAQ is now maintained as part of the help
    pages. The website is updated on a regular basis. Feedback on the new
    website and its added features is highly appreciated, please see the
    contact details below.

    Yours sincerely,

    Alexander Huber.

    --
    Alexander Huber MA
    General Editor, The Thomas Gray Archive

    --[2]------------------------------------------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:39:00 +0100 From: John Unsworth <jmu2m@virginia.edu> Subject: The Future of Literary Studies

    Proceedings of "The Future of Literary Studies," a conference of the English Department at the University of Virginia (April 5-6, 2002), are now available on the Web at http://bodoni.village.virginia.edu/futures/

    Faculty Papers:

    1.Gordon Braden, "What's a Dissertation Supposed to Do?" 2.Peter Brooks, "Lit Crit as an Export Commodity" 3.Johanna Drucker, "Intermedia and Critical Imagination" 4.Jessica R. Feldman, "House of Cards" 5.Dell Hymes, "Oral Narratives: One Kind of Poetry" 6.Daniel Kinney, "Some Philologies of the Future" 7.Victor Luftig, "K-21: Working with the Schools" 8.Jerome McGann, "The Ivanhoe Game" 9.James Nohrnberg, "The Singing School: The Future of Literary-Historical Study upon Past Example" 10.Caroline Rody, "Ethnic American Literature: Two New Paradigms and an Anecdote" 11.John Unsworth, "Using Digital Primary Resources to Produce Scholarship in Print" 12.David L. Vander Meulen, "Profession's Progress"

    Student Papers:

    1.Ben Bateman, "I'm Mad As Hell And I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore": A New Mantra For English Students. 2.Denis Ferhatovic, "Justify My Love, or Amor Vincit Omnia 3.John Andrew Hicks, "Turning the Tables on/or the Future of Literary Study" 4.Lauren Rooker, "Too Many Poets Kill Themselves" 5.Virginia Weckstein, "Connect the Dots"