16.078 Webcast on higher education

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 01:46:52 EDT

             Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:42:25 +0100
             From: "James L. Morrison" <morrison@unc.edu>
             Subject: The University is Dead! Long Live the University! Webcast

    "The University is Dead! Long Live the University!" is the title of a
    presentation that I am giving at the forthcoming World Future Society
    (http://wfs.org) meeting July 19-23, 2002 in Philadelphia. It is a takeoff
    on the words used by town criers in historic England upon the death of the
    king and the forthcoming crowning of a new king, representing the change
    of reigns. My theses for the presentation is that the forces of
    demographics, globalization, economic restructuring, and information
    technology are rapidly changing the landscape of higher education and are
    leading us into new conceptions of institutional markets, how we teach,
    and what we teach. There will be a question and answer session after the
    presentation.

    This session will be Webcast courtesy of ULiveandLearn
    (www.uliveandlearn.com) on Sunday, July 21, 2002, at 11:00 AM EST. If you
    cannot attend the WFS meeting in person, you are invited to attend this
    presentation via the Webcast. Please go to
    http://www.quickslides.com/quickreg/sq.cfm?ObjectID=470 to
    signup for the Webcast and receive instructions as to how you can
    participate. "Seats" are limited and will be distributed on a first come,
    first served basis.

    BTW, if you are attending the conference, please consider joining me in a
    pre-conference seminar titled, "'Futurizing' Your Organization." The
    seminar objectives, readings, and program are described on our conference
    page at http://horizon.unc.edu/conferences

    Many thanks.

    Jim

    ----