16.086 call for mentors & job-seekers

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 03:42:44 EDT

             Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 08:38:07 +0100
             From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@mulberrytech.com>
             Subject: ALLC/ACH 2002 Job Seekers and Mentors wanted

    MENTORS AND JOB SEEKERS WANTED

    Dear ALLC/ACH Delegate:

    Continuing our efforts to make the annual ALLC/ACH meeting an especially
    useful event for graduate students, the Association for Computers and the
    Humanities is offering several activities for job seekers in humanities
    computing (both academic and industry positions) at this year's conference
    in Tuebingen.

    This year, while the conference is in session, we plan to facilitate
    one-to-one mentoring meetings with prospective job seekers, probably over
    breakfast or lunch. Mentors will be drawn from the ACH's pool of mentoring
    volunteers, all of whom have had first-hand experience with the "markets"
    in this field. We'll also have information on the ACH Jobs database and a
    listing of current jobs.

    Please reply to Wendell Piez <wapiez@mulberrytech.com> if you'd like to
    chat with a mentor during the conference, and mention whether you're
    interested in academic or industry work (or both). We'd also be eager to
    hear from anyone interested in serving as a mentor themselves, or with
    suggestions for the kind of activities this committee might undertake in
    the future. Finally, please pass the word about this opportunity to any
    students or associates who might be interested, encouraging them to take part.

    Thank you,

    Julia Flanders
    Lorna Hughes
    Matthew Kirschenbaum
    Wendell Piez
    Geoffrey Rockwell

    Wendell Piez mailto:wapiez@mulberrytech.com
    Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com
    17 West Jefferson Street Direct Phone: 301/315-9635
    Suite 207 Phone: 301/315-9631
    Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285