16.125 hearing on digital rights management (US Congress)

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 03:29:55 EDT

             Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 08:17:37 +0100
             From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org>
             Subject: Congress holding Digital Rights Management hearing Wed
    July 17

    NINCH ANNOUNCEMENT
    News on Networking Cultural Heritage Resources
    from across the Community
    June 12, 2002

                   Workshop on Digital Content and "Rights Management"
          Officials Joined by Entertainment and Tech Industry Representatives
                         Wednesday, July 17, 2002 1:00pm
                      U.S. Department of Commerce, Room 4830
              14th and Constitution Avenues, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20230
                      http://www.ta.doc.gov/PRel/ma020710.htm

    You may be interested in this roundtable discussion to be held in DC next
    week - one in a series, but nonetheless there has been concern over who the
    stakeholders really are in such discussions.

    David Green