16.140 jobs in Copenhagen: computer games & digital aesthetics

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty (w.mccarty@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 04:34:22 EDT

             Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 09:29:08 +0100
             From: carolyn guertin <cguertin@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
             Subject: positions in Copenhagen: computer games & digital aesthetics

    Please forward

    >Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:24:27 +0200
    >From: Jill Walker <jill.walker@uib.no>
    > >
    >[posted on behalf of Susana]
    >
    >Apologies for cross-posting. If you have any questions please contact
    >Susana Tosca at tosca@it-c.dk, as our Department Head is currently on
    >holiday...
    >
    >You are very welcome to re-distribute in lists in your own countries or to
    >interested individuals.
    >------------
    >Assistant or Associate Professorships in Computer Games and in Digital
    >Aesthetics and Communication
    >
    >The IT University of Copenhagen invites applications for a number of
    >positions as Assistant or Associate Professor in Computer Games and in
    >Digital Aesthetics and Communication.
    >
    >We seek candidates with a strong research record, good teaching skills and
    >preferably hands-on experience in these areas
    > Computer Games
    > Aesthetic aspects of IT
    > Cultural aspects of IT
    > Communicative aspects of IT
    > Social aspects of IT
    >
    >The IT University was established in 1999 and offers graduate and post-
    >graduate studies in six areas, among these Design, Communication, and Media.
    >
    >The IT University has 4 research departments: Department of Digital
    >Aesthetics and Communication; Department of Design and Use of IT;
    >Department of Innovation; and Department of Theory.
    >
    >Application must be submitted in English on the basis of the complete text
    >for the vacancy available at http://www.it-c.dk/Internet/jobs/NZdpr2/
    >
    >All interested researchers irrespective of age, sex, race, religion, or
    >nationality are invited to apply for the position.
    >
    >For further information
    >Please contact Anker Helms Jrgensen, Head of Department (email anker@it-
    >c.dk, phone +45 38 16 88 88) for further details.
    >
    >Application deadline: September 9th, 2002, 12.00 noon.
    >

    >--
    >Susana Pajares Tosca
    >Assistant Professor
    >Dept. of Digital Aesthetics & Communication
    >IT University of Copenhagen
    >Glentevej 67
    >DK-2400 NV Copenhagen
    >Phone: +45 3816 8992
    >Fax: +45 3816 8899
    >http://www.it-c.dk/people/tosca/

    Carolyn Guertin, Dept of English, University of Alberta, Canada,
    & trAce Online Writing School, Nottingham Trent University, UK
    E-Mail: cguertin@ualberta.ca; Tel/FAX: 780-438-3125
    Website: http://www.ualberta.ca/~cguertin/

    Assemblage, The Online Women's New Media Gallery, at trAce:
    http://trace.ntu.ac.uk/traced/guertin/assemblage.htm