16.190 conferences

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 14:51:51 EDT

       [1] From: "J Patrick Wagner" <aln@mail.ucf.edu> (43)
             Subject: Asynchronous Learning Networks 2002 Conference update

       [2] From: "J. Stephen Downie" <jdownie@UIUC.EDU> (70)
             Subject: ISMIR 2002: Panel I: Music Information Retrieval
                     Evaluation Frameworks

             Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:39:46 -0700
             From: "J Patrick Wagner" <aln@mail.ucf.edu>

    The Eighth Sloan-C International Conference on Asynchronous Learning
    Networks (ALN)

    November 8, 9 & 10, 2002 Orlando, Florida

    Greetings,

    The 8th Sloan-C International Conference on Asynchronous Learning Networks
    (ALN), The Power of Online Learning: The Faculty Experience will be held on
    November 8-10, 2002 in Orlando Florida.

    The conference is being hosted by the University of Central Florida in
    cooperation with the Sloan Center for Online Education (SCOLE) at Olin and
    Babson Colleges, American Distance Education Consortium (ADEC) and The
    Pennsylvania State University. The Rosen Centre Hotel, one of Orlando's
    premier conference centers, is this year's conference site. The Rosen
    Centre is just 15 minutes from the Orlando International Airport, and
    convenient to many Orlando-area attractions.

    This year's conference will be more exciting than ever. It features a
    keynote speaker, five pre-conference workshops, an exhibit hall, and over
    100 topics to choose from seven concurrent sessions.

    Featured Keynote Speaker---Chris Dede
    Chris Dede is the Timothy E. Wirth Professor of Learning Technologies at
    Harvard's Graduate School of Education. He is also Chair of the Learning &
    Teaching Area in the School.

    Here are some topic samples...

    Eliminating Accessibility Barriers in Distance Learning
    David Barrow-Britton, Conrad N. Hilton College
    Morgan Geddie, Conrad N. Hilton College

    The CSUSM Script-Interpreter Pair in Java: Tools for Creating
    Conversational Tutoring Systems
    Rika Yoshii, California State University
    Alastair Milne, California State University

    Online Laboratories and Interactive Simulations in ALNs
    Haniph A. Latchman, University of Florida
    Denis Gillet, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
    Jim Henry, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
    Oscar Crisalle, University of Florida

    Register now and take advantage of the early bird discount. For
    registration or more information about the conference, visit
    <http://www.sloan-c.org>http://www.sloan-c.org. You can also call our toll
    free number, 1-800-204-7234, or email at aln@mail.ucf.edu.

    November 8, 9 & 10, 2002 Orlando, Florida

    Dr Willard McCarty | Senior Lecturer | Centre for Computing in the
    Humanities | King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS || +44 (0)20
    7848-2784 fax: -2980 || willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk |
    w.mccarty@btinternet.com | www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/wlm/