16.337 messy science

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 03:16:44 EST

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:13:06 +0000
             From: "askthephilosopher" <askthephilosopher@sympatico.ca>
             Subject: Re: 16.333 messy science

    Talking about messy science--does anyone know whether there is a biography,
    or even intellectual history of Hugh Everett and his relative wave theory of
    QM, now known as the multiverse theory?

    I am doing research on how that theory and the various debates about and
    within QM concerning the collapse of the wave function which actually is an
    anomoly to Kuhn's theory of scientific revolution. However, what I would
    like to know is--why did Everett leave physics given that he developed one
    of the most revolutionary and original theories in the history of QM?

    [Sheldon Richmond]