16.459 visual & sonic identity

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 02:00:09 EST

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 06:56:03 +0000
             From: lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance)
             Subject: Home plates and WWW sites

    Willard,

    My most recent post on "e disco" and "ex libris" (I've not retained a copy
    -- it may be lost in the moderating swirls of the machine world wash.) led
    me to a bit of design work:

    I think there may be a genre that one could refer to as a "bookplate" for
    a WWW site. In any case, visual and sonic identity are important elements
    of both personal growing archives and institutional holdings.

    For your viewing pleasure (no sound as of yet --- I'm thinking of three
    crows of the cock but given the New Year bleating sheep, butting rams or
    hoof stomping goats might be appropriate).

    The sound, visual, verbal trio reminds me of a Radical Fairy publication,
    RFD, that spells out a different acronym from its moniker depending upon
    the theme of the issue. The current issue is "Really Fabulous Dwellings".
    I leave you and the subscribers of Humanist to ponder what delightful
    flaming royal naughtiness may lie between its pages cover-to-cover.

    http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~lachance

       --
    Francois Lachance
    Scholar-at-large,