16.483 conferences, debate, workshop

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 02:51:37 EST

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: Michael Fraser <mike.fraser@computing- (28)
                     services.oxford.ac.uk>
             Subject: DRH2003 Call for papers (fwd)

       [2] From: John Unsworth <jmu2m@virginia.edu> (39)
             Subject: pedagogical theory/best practice

       [3] From: lachance@chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance) (25)
             Subject: TCC 2003 ONLINE CONFERENCE April 22-24, 2003: Call For
                     Participation (fwd)

       [4] From: NINCH-ANNOUNCE <david@ninch.org> (97)
             Subject: Open Archive Workshop (Berlin); Music Information
                     Retrieval (Baltimore)

             Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:15:55 +0000
             From: Michael Fraser <mike.fraser@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>

    [Please address any queries to drh2003@glos.ac.uk]
    [Apologies for cross-posting]

                        CALL FOR PROPOSALS: DRH2003

                        ****Deadline: March 31st****

               DRH 2003: Digital Resources for the Humanities
                      University of Gloucestershire
                       31 August - 3 September 2003
                 http://www.glos.ac.uk/humanities/drh2003/

    The DRH conferences have established themselves firmly in the UK and
    international calendar as the major forum bringing together scholars,
    librarians, archivists, curators, information scientists and computing
    professionals in a unique and positive way, to share ideas and information
    about the creation, exploitation, management and preservation of digital
    resources in the arts and humanities.

    The DRH 2003 conference will take place at the University of
    Gloucestershire's Cheltenham campus between 31 August and 3 September
    2003.

    Proposals for academic papers, themed panel sessions, posters and
    workshops are invited. Themes include:
          * impact of access to digital resources on teaching and learning;
          * digital libraries, archives and museums
          * time-based media and multimedia studies in performing arts
          * impact of network and televisual technologies on humanities research
          and education.

    The deadline for submission is 31 March 2003.

    Please visit the website at http://www.glos.ac.uk/humanities/drh2003/ for
    full details of the conference and how to submit proposals. Email
    enquiries are also welcome at drh2003@glos.ac.uk