16.563 wireless

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty ) (willard@mccarty.me.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 01:50:27 EST

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: Sara Monaci <monaci@museonazionaledelcinema.org> (20)
             Subject: Re: 16.557 wireless & humanities computing?

       [2] From: Patricia Galloway <galloway@ischool.utexas.edu> (9)

             Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:40:03 +0000
             From: Sara Monaci <monaci@museonazionaledelcinema.org>

    At the National Cinema Museum we're usung PDA in a Wireless Lan network to
    distribute multimedia contents to visitors.

    In this phase we're testing a prototype of this application, using PDA iPaq
    connected to the wireless lan with multimedia contents related to the
    museum's exhibit.

    We involved focus-groups of students in IT to test the application and we
    had a good feedback.

    We really hope to carry out a service fit to our audience's requirements.
    in this way we could replace the more obsolete audioguides and give an
    innovative service to the Museum.

    Sara Monaci

    Sara Monaci
    New Media