16.578 History of Recent Science and Technology conference

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 02:56:54 EST

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 07:35:10 +0000
             From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: History of Recent Science and Technology conference

    >The New Web of History: Crafting history of science and technology online
    >28-29 March
    >Dibner Institute for the History of Science and Technology
    >Massachusetts Institute of Technology
    >Cambridge MA
    >http://hrst.mit.edu/hrs/public/conference/
    >
    >The conference has two goals: first, to provide a snapshot of some of the
    >most original projects that use the Web to produce, present and
    >disseminate scholarly and educational materials; and second, to examine
    >critically the challenges as well as the opportunities that such projects
    face.

    Presenters whose names will be readily recognized by fellow Humanists are
    Gregory Crane (Perseus Project) and John Unsworth (IATH, Virginia); those
    familiar with work in the history of science and technology will recognize
    several others. I am also giving a talk, "As it almost was:
    historiography of the recent things".

    Dr Willard McCarty | Senior Lecturer | Centre for Computing in the
    Humanities | King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS || +44 (0)20
    7848-2784 fax: -2980 || willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk
    www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/wlm/