17.015 new book on humanities computing

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 04:56:38 EDT

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:52:44 +0100
             From: "Teresa Numerico" <teris@mclink.it>
             Subject: Computers in the Humanities - new Italian book

    I am glad to announce that from May 10 the following new book is available
    in all on- and
    off-line Italian bookshops:

    T. Numerico, A. Vespignani (a cura di) Informatica per le scienze
    umanistiche, il Mulino, Bologna, 2003.

    This book is a clear and rigorous introduction to "Informatica
    Umanistica" and was designed as a text book for Humanities Computing
    undergraduate courses, now taught in many Italian Humanities Faculties.
    For more details please go to:
    http://www.mulino.it/aulaweb/numerico_vespignani/index.html.

    In the website you can find:
    Table of contents
    Introduction
    Glossary
    A list of links organized by issues
    Auto-evaluation tests for students
    In the website you can also find an area (accessible by subscription)
    dedicated to teachers and educators. In order to access this area,
    please contact the publisher (Il Mulino: Tel. +39 051256011, E-mail:
    universita@mulino.it).

    To request a free sample copy of the book in order to evaluate it as a
    text book for your courses, please fill in the form available at:
    http://www.mulino.it/edizioni/universita/modulo_saggio.htm.

    Do not hesitate to contact me if you need further information.

    Best Regards

    Teresa Numerico
    Contract Prof.
    Univ. degli Studi di Bologna