17.146 weblog accessibility

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2003 - 01:29:17 EDT

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:24:39 +0100
             From: lachance@origin.chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance)
             Subject: weblog accessibility

    Willard,

    Subscribers to Humanist and others interested in accessibility issues
    might be interested in Mark Pilgrim's remarkable engaging "30 Days to a
    More Accessible Weblog".

    http://diveintomark.org/archives/rooms/30_days_to_a_more_accessible_weblog/index.html

    Mark begins the series with five character sketches that serve to humanize
    the topic.

    <quote>
    Each day will focus on a single tip, explain the reasoning behind it, and
    show who will benefit once you implement it. That was the purpose of the
    character sketches, to change the question from "Why should I bother?" to
    "Who benefits?"
    </quote>

    I offer this example not only for the subject matter but also the manner
    in which the material is organized.

    --
    Francois Lachance, Scholar-at-large
    http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~lachance