17.391 transcorporate? non sibi sed omnibus?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 07:18:46 EST

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

       [1] From: lachance@origin.chass.utoronto.ca (Francois (17)
                     Lachance)
             Subject: transcorporate

       [2] From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk> (12)
             Subject: non sibi sed omnibus

             Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:33:02 +0000
             From: lachance@origin.chass.utoronto.ca (Francois Lachance)

    Willard,

    The recent discussion of insider use of terminological shorthand (and
    some other circumstances) has led me to inquire if any of the folks
    conversant with the relevant grey literature mihgt be able to ascertain
    the emergence of a concept of "transcorporate" governance.

    One of the other cirmcumstances was a conversation with an IBM knowledge
    management consultant that turned to the "extra muros" theme in the
    context of enterprises participating in economic sector or industry fora.
    If large multinational corporations are now described as "transnationals",
    is there some group of thinkers exploring the texture of a
    "transcorporate" entities?

    The other circumstance that leads me to turn my thoughts thuswards is the
    upcoming World Summit on Information Society.

    Is Humanist in some sense "trans-corporate"?

       --
    Francois Lachance, Scholar-at-large
    http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~lachance