17.577 Shakespeare

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 03:43:26 EST

<x-flowed>
                     Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

   [1] From: Anders Klitgaard <zyberscribe@YAHOO.COM> (121)
         Subject: Shakespeare and the Internet

   [2] From: "Mazzali-Lurati Sabrina" <sabrina.mazzali- (81)
                 lurati@lu.unisi.ch>
         Subject: RIF: 17.557 Shakespeare et al. and the new "science"?

         Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:15:07 +0000
         From: Anders Klitgaard <zyberscribe@YAHOO.COM>

To the author of the original thread:
If you have not yet subscribed to SHAKSPER, as I suggested you might
do, there were two replies to your post in yesterday's SHAKSPER digest.
(Your message was cross-posted from HUMANIST to SHAKSPER, though not by
me.) I post the replies below.
Best regards
Anders

[1]-----------------------------------------------------------------
From: R. A. Cantrell <racan@flash.net>
Date: Friday, 23 Jan 2004 10:42:37 -0600
"Science"?

>I'm working at the connection between Shakespeare and the new
internet
>world. I 'm looking for a list of new technologically most used
internet
>resources in the studying and analyzing of humanities and literature.
>Also articles, opinions, reviews, methods, way of looking forward
this
>new "science".
>
>Can anyone give me a hand?

You've hit upon a happy phrase "New Science." It may be a few years coming,
but Stephen Wolfram's "New Kind of Science," will, I think, have a
staggering impact on stylometrics and other quantitative analytical
approaches to Shakespeare (inter alia).