17.611 new publications: Soft Computing; I modelli nella ricerca archeologica

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 03:01:10 EST

<x-flowed>
                     Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

   [1] From: <alerts@springer.com> (43)
         Subject: Soft Computing - A Fusion of Foundations,
                 Methodologies and Applications

   [2] From: orlandi@rmcisadu.let.uniroma1.it (43)
         Subject: new book (+ HCS)

         Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 07:45:19 +0000
         From: <alerts@springer.com>
         Subject: Soft Computing - A Fusion of Foundations, Methodologies
and Applications

Volume 8 Number 4 of Soft Computing - A Fusion of Foundations,
Methodologies and Applications, published by Springer Verlag, is now
available on the SpringerLink web site at
http://springerlink.metapress.com.
The table of contents follows:

Research on advanced soft computing and its applications p. 239
V. Novák, I. Perfilieva, H. T. Nguyen, V. Kreinovich

Deduction from conditional knowledge p. 247
D. Bamber, I. R. Goodman, H. T. Nguyen

Fuzzy logic deduction with crisp observations p. 256
A. Dvorák, V. Novák

Varieties generated by T-norms p. 264
M. Gehrke, C. Walker, E. Walker

On the optimal choice of quality metric in image compression: a soft computing
approach p. 268
O. Kosheleva

Towards more realistic (e.g., non-associative) “and”- and “or”-operations
in fuzzy
logic p. 274
V. Kreinovich

Intensional theory of granular computing p. 281
V. Novák

Normal forms in BL and L? algebras of functions p. 291
I. Perfilieva

Categories of fuzzy sets p. 299
C. L. Walker