17.753 posting Humbul resources

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 16:57:44 EDT

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:07:28 +0100
             From: cbf@socrates.Berkeley.EDU
             Subject: Re: 17.749 posting Humbul resources

    Dear Colleagues:

    The problem with simply posting materials to Humbul is that only a very
    small number of scholars know about it and consult it on a regular basis.

    The solution is to make sure that these materials are adequately copied on
    one of the large international bibliographic utilities, such as RLIN or
    OCLC. They have to become part of the standard information stream in order
    to be available for scholarly use.

    Charles Faulhaber The Bancroft Library UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000
    (510) 642-3782 FAX (510) 642-7589 cfaulhab@library.berkeley.edu