18.029 humanities and computer science

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 04:15:22 EDT

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:59:27 +0100
             From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk>
             Subject: humanities and computer science

    Marjory Blumenthal (Associate Provost, Academic, Georgetown) has kindly
    alerted me to the following publication relevant to my search for material
    on the relation between computer science and the humanities:

    William Mitchell, Alan Inouye and Marjory Blumenthal, eds., Beyond
    Productivity: Information Technology, Innovation, and Creativity (described
    and provided online at www7.nationalacademies.org/cstb/pub_creativity.html).

    Chapter 4, "The Influence of Art and Design on Computer Science Research
    and Development", and a section of Chapter 6. "Schools, Colleges, and
    Universities", would appear to be particularly relevant.

    [NB: If you do not receive a reply within 24 hours please resend]
    Dr Willard McCarty | Senior Lecturer | Centre for Computing in the
    Humanities | King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS || +44 (0)20
    7848-2784 fax: -2980 || willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk
    www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/wlm/