18.056 RSS in Bibliographic/Abstract Databases?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 03:31:51 EDT

                         Submit to: humanist@princeton.edu

             Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:27:35 +0100
             From: Gerry Mckiernan <gerrymck@IASTATE.EDU>
             Subject: Use of RSS in Bibliographic/Abstract Databases?

    _Use of RSS in Bibliographic/Abstract Databases_?

    I am greatly interested in learning of ANY and ALL
    bibliographic/abstract databases that offer RSS feeds. Such feeds might
    offer current search results, or automatic updates for a saved search
    strategy. I would be interested in any current operational systems,
    working prototypes, or projects under consideration.

    For examples of other library-related uses of RSS, please see my latest
    registry_RSS(sm): Rich Site Services_

    [ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/RSS.htm ]

    BTW: Thanks to all for their nominations for _RSS(sm)_. Although still
    quite limited, it has nearly doubled in size from its establishment on
    Sunday, June 6 !

    [ http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/archive/0406/0048.html ]

    Regards,

    Gerry McKiernan