18.101 Oceanic language texts

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:17:56 +0100

         Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:08:16 +0100
         From: John D Zuern <zuern_at_hawaii.edu>
         Subject: Re: 18.096 Oceanic language texts

An effort to digitize the texts of the original 1839 translation of the
Bible into Hawaiian and the 1869 revision of that translation is
currently underway in Hawai'i.

You can get more information about this project at

http://baibala.olelo.hawaii.edu

I don't know when the texts will actually be available online, but you
could contact the organizers of the project to find out more.

Cheers,

John

John David Zuern, Associate Professor
Department of English