18.190 call for reviewers, TESL-EJ

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:42:07 +0100

         Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:20:59 +0100
         From: "Arlyn Freed" <arlynou2_at_hotmail.com>
         Subject: TESL-EJ request for writers and multimedia material
suggestions

Hello all,

My name is Arlyn Freed and I am the new (as of January 2004) Media Reviews
Editor for TESL-EJ, the scholarly online journal of teaching English as a
second/foreign language. While there are numerous ELT-related sites on the
web, TESL-EJ is a serious academic journal with a readership whose members
are often in decision-making positions at their respective institutions.

As Media Reviews Editor, I am always searching for reviewers of media and
suggestions of media (software, video, DVD, or web-based materials) for
review. Our website has over 10,000 international readers every month, so
a review for our journal would be an excellent addition to your resume. To
review the criteria required by media reviewers, please visit:
<http://www-writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/media.html>. To see a good
example of a standard review, please read the "BrainCogs" review at
<http://www-writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/ej29/m1.html>.

If you are interested in becoming a writer for the Journal, please email me
at <teslej_at_eslhome.com> with your contact information, background
experience, and areas of interest/expertise. For multimedia suggestions,
please send me the title and publisher of the program. (To see if this
material has already been reviewed by TESL-EJ, visit our website at
<http://www-writing.berkeley.edu/TESL-EJ/index.html>, and search the
"www-writing.berkeley.edu" web site using the "Search" toolbar).

Thank you for your interest and best regards,
Arlyn Freed
Media Reviews Editor, TESL-EJ
teslej_at_eslhome.com