18.725 more on dubious conferences

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 08:03:38 +0100

   [1] From: Kevin Hawkins <kshawkin_at_umich.edu> (4)
         Subject: more on dubious conferences

   [2] From: Willard McCarty
<willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk> (17)
         Subject: why scamming conferences work

         Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:49:27 +0100
         From: Kevin Hawkins <kshawkin_at_umich.edu> (6)

I'll reserve judgment on whether that upcoming conference in Orlando is
legimitate, but this latest news certainly won't help their image:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/04/21/academic.hoax.ap/index.html

Kevin