19.467 philosophy of design: renewed call

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 06:27:07 +0000

         Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 06:23:41 +0000
         From: Ken Friedman <ken.friedman_at_bi.no>
         Subject: Research Request: Philosophy of Design -- Full-text
articles also welcome

Dear Colleagues,

This is a research request for articles and books on philosophy of
design. This revises an earlier call.

I seek citations, references, and descriptions of articles and books
in which philosophers discuss issues that can be applied to design
process as well as articles and books in which designers and design
researchers discuss or develop a philosophy of design.

Propositions and heuristic probes are welcome, along with references
to full-formed or comprehensive philosophies.

IMPORTANT REVISION: Several authors have been kind enough to send
full articles or conference papers. If you have articles or papers
you are willing to share, I will welcome them and I will include them
in the compilation.

Please send contributions, suggestions, and comments to:

<ken.friedman_at_bi.no>

I will compile all contributions and post them to the list. I will
also prepare the compilation as a small anthology in .PDF format. The
anthology will include full-text articles for which permission to
include has been granted. The author of each contribution will retain
the copyright to his or her contribution.

Thank you.

--
Ken Friedman
Professor of Leadership and Strategic Design