19.584 use of labial consonants?

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 07:10:19 +0000

         Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 07:06:52 +0000
         From: "Yuri Tambovtsev" <yutamb_at_mail.cis.ru>
         Subject: the use of labial consonants in American Indian languages

Dear HumanistList colleagues, I have computed the sentences from the
works of Richard Rhodes of the University of Michigan (Some aspect
of Ojibwa discourse; Metaphor and extention in Ojibwa; Eastern
Ojibwa-Chippewa-Ottawa Dictionary). The results of the calculating of
the frequency of occurrence of the Ojibwa labial consonants in the
speech sound chain show a great value = 17.14%. Actually, it is more
than in the other American Indian languages that I calculated.In
fact, it is much greater than in the other American INdian languages
which I computed. Compare the frequency of occurrences of labial
consonants in percent to all the phonemes in the speech chain:

1. Iquito 4.83%
2. Piratapuyo 6.56%
3. Mam 7.33%
4. Totonac 7.38%
5. Kadiweu 7.74%
6. Capanahua 8.04%
7. Quawasquar 9.05%
8. Secoya 9.29%
9. Inga 9.89%
10. Cofan 10.02%
11. Pocomchi 10.83%
12. Quechua 11.40%
13. Nahuatl 11.73%
14. Siriano 11.18%
15. Sayula popoluca 12.34%
16. Kajwa 12.75%
17. Guarani 12.92%
18. Guambiano 14.50%
19. Sweet Grass Cree 15.15%
20. Ojibwa 17.14%
21. Apinaye 17.40%

-----
    I wonder if you could share your ideas and comments about the use
of labial consonants in these American Indian languages. I guess it
may be interesting for some linguistic journal. Could you advise me
where I can send my article on the use of labials? Could you please
send me the e-mail addresses of the editors of these journals?
Looking forward to heaing from you soon to my new email addtess
<mailto:yutamb_at_mail.ru>yutamb_at_mail.ru Remain yours sincerely Yuri
Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia