21.259 new on WWW: Ubiquity 8.37; Digital Arts & Humanities site

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:54:55 +0100

  www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/cch/research/publications/humanist.html

   [1] From: ubiquity <ubiquity_at_HQ.ACM.ORG> (16)
         Subject: Ubiquity 8.37

   [2] From: Methnet <methnet_at_KCL.AC.UK> (51)
         Subject: 'Digital Arts & Humanities' launched

         Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 06:58:02 +0100
         From: ubiquity <ubiquity_at_HQ.ACM.ORG>

This Week in Ubiquity:

Volume 8, Issue 37

September 18, 2007 - September 24, 2007

TECHNOLOGY AS POLITICS
Charalambos Tsekeris writes: "More activist approaches to technology
are indeed more productive and useful than any pessimistic
(technophobic) diagnosis reducing it to a mere instrument of
domination and oppression. The "it could be otherwise" clause of
liberal intellectual inquiry must remain central to our current
critical theoretical efforts." (Tsekeris graduated from Brunel
University and earned his doctoral degree in Sociology from Athens
Panteion University. He is a member of the Greek scientific group
Intellectum and a researcher on the complex relationships between
technoscience, culture and politics.)

See:
<http://www.acm.org/ubiquity/views/v8i36_yaffe.html>http://www.acm.org/ubiquity/views/v8i37_tsekeris.html