21.351 what product

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:21:54 +0000

  www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/cch/research/publications/humanist.html

         Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:15:04 +0000
         From: Stan Ruecker <sruecker_at_ualberta.ca>
         Subject: Re: 21.348 what product?

Hi Willard,

I think we can't reasonably hope for more than is possible in any
other one-year (or in our case at University of Alberta two-year) MA
programme. I want the students to be able to show that:

- they have had exposure to at least some of the literature in the
digital humanities generally, and to more in their own research area
- they have developed some awareness of the ongoing discussions and
where we as a community are at with them
- that they know something about the range of research methods or
research approaches in use by digital humanists
- that they have tried out some of these methods for themselves in
the context of a real research project and not just as a classroom
exercise. One way, and I think a good way, to accomplish this is to
have real projects as the exercises.
- that they have had practice communicating their ideas, preferably
at various lengths, in different genres, and in different media

yrs,
Stan Ruecker
Assistant Professor
MA in Humanities Computing Programme
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB CANADA

Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty
<willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>) wrote:
> Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 21, No. 348.
> Centre for Computing in the Humanities, King's College London
> www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/cch/research/publications/humanist.html
> www.princeton.edu/humanist/
> Submit to: humanist_at_princeton.edu
>
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 06:27:43 +0000
> From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
> >In "Psychological Models for Guidance", Harvard
Educational Review 32