21.409 cognitive science like alchemy

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:20:55 +0000

  www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/cch/research/publications/humanist.html

   [1] From: Cesare Pastorino <cpastori_at_indiana.edu> (9)
         Subject: Fwd: 21.405 cognitive science like alchemy

   [2] From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk> (65)
         Subject: the analogy of alchemy

         Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 08:04:39 +0000
         From: Cesare Pastorino <cpastori_at_indiana.edu>

Dear Prof. McCarty,

this article (available on Jstor) seems to be a (the?) source for the
analogy between psychology and alchemy:

P. M. Churchland, "Eliminative Materialism and the Propositional
Attitudes", Journal of Philosophy 1981 pp. 67-90. Especially pp. 80-82.

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0022-362X%28198102%2978%3A2%3C67%
3AEMATPA%3E2.0.CO%3B2-8

Best regards,

Cesare Pastorino