4.0951 Queries (2/32)

Fri, 25 Jan 91 17:30:00 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0951. Friday, 25 Jan 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 25 Jan 91 15:39:01 MEZ (16 lines)
From: Rudolf WYTEK <Z00WYR01@AWIUNI11>
Subject: OT and hidden messages research?

(2) Date: Fri, 25 Jan 91 12:33:33 -0500 (16 lines)
From: al649@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Martin J. Homan)
Subject: Directory of Religious Schools & Programs

Date: Fri, 25 Jan 91 15:39:01 MEZ
From: Rudolf WYTEK <Z00WYR01@AWIUNI11>

This is a question out of one of my FORTRAN programming classes:
Somewhere, perhaps in Israel, people are doing computer research
on texts of the OT by sampling every n-th letter and find some
words they interpret as meaningful. My position was that each
longer text might show such hidden messages and I don't know
about such kabbalistic things happen in earnest - it's like
a scene out of 'Foucault's Pendulum'.

Has anybody information on this question?

Many thanks, rwy.