19.627 Lyman Award

From: Humanist Discussion Group (by way of Willard McCarty willard.mccarty_at_kcl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 06:22:55 +0000

[Let this kind if excessively enthusiastic response to yesterday's
announcement of the Lyman Award stand for the many I have received.
Thanks to everyone. But this is an award not first to a personality
(however attractive or otherwise :-)) but to a kind of activity -- a
recognition of humanities computing itself, the common ground where
we all meet and, if the truth be told, are able to live a
life-of-the-mind worth living. What a gift! --WM]