4.0352 Corrected Job Posting (1/33)

Thu, 2 Aug 90 16:13:49 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0352. Thursday, 2 Aug 1990.

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 90 10:55:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Leslie Burkholder <lb0q+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: 4.0343 Queries

My apologies to readers of a job posting I made to Humanist and
elsewhere a few days ago. I neglected to say where the position was.
(Several people used a reference in the job description to figure out
where it was.)

The posting was for a position at Carnegie Mellon University,
Pittsburgh, PA. Here again is the advert:

TITLE: Assistant Director of Computer Education
DEPARTMENT: Academic Computing & Instructional Technology
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable
STARTING RANGE: Negotiable

This position is responsible for managing the Academic Computing and
Instructional Technology department charged with coordinating and
delivering faculty and student education services, including the
development and provision of courses and workshops about the CMU
computing environment, general computing, and computing techniques;
overseeing a computing skills workshop; promoting computer learning
activities; providing information on discipline-specific software and
acquisition of computer applications software for public clusters and
centrally supported systems; developing system documentation and help
files; coordinating external communications on computing for Academic
Computing and publishing the "Cursor"; and managing public computer
facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: An advanced degree or equivalent in a computer related
discipline is required along with a solid background in the delivery of
computer education services, previous management experience, strong
communication and marketing skills.

Leslie Burkholder
AC&IT and CDEC
CMU